Robert has 30 years of experience in technology and finance working as head of technology, project manager, team leader, developer and technical business analyst for major investment banks, hedge funds, software developers and consultancies.
He combines knowledge of how to make the most of technology with the ability to understand the true nature of a business problem and has used this to plan, organise and deliver quality IT solutions.
He is one of those rare individuals who can involve himself in a project from Board-level presentation down to review of code, providing a tremendous span of capability.
Robert’s specific skills include:
- Creating trust and confidence at all management levels and within the IT team, that a project will succeed and deliver on its goals
- Applying appropriate, modern technology to solve real world problems and dramatically improve processes
- Detailed analysis of processes and data to match IT to commercial requirements
- Management of solution design, development and testing to ensure efficiency and quality
- Ability to traverse all levels of a project from big picture to technical detail in order to ensure alignment throughout the project
- Understanding how to balance and satisfy the various (and sometimes competing!) needs of stakeholders
Robert has a degree in mathematics from Oxford University and has used his analytical mind throughout his career. He has worked for many big banks and hedge funds including ABN Amro, Barclays Capital, Nat West Markets, Rabobank, SBC Warburg and Solent Capital Partners.
He is experienced at defining requirements for a wide range of clients; probing to discover what their business really needs. He helps dispel the commonly held fear of investing in IT projects by instilling confidence in all project stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
He is also the author of “The Trade Lifecycle” published by Wiley Finance 2010 which has sold over 10,000 copies.Back to Associates