Ian is a business focused CIO with a proven track record of delivering excellent service and IT innovation, leading strategic change and building strong stakeholder relationships. An individual who has operated at senior levels within highly competitive financial services, outsourced, consultancy and not-for-profit market sectors.
Ian’s expertise is in IT governance, change management, business-aligned IT architecture, strategy definition, supplier management, IT software & hardware infrastructures and service delivery within leading-edge environments.
He is a passionate advocate for the creative use of technology who inspires individuals to achieve high performance through energetic leadership with a clear focus on the core business purpose.
Ian’s key skills include:
- Experience in the formulation and delivery of innovative IT strategies
- Strong leadership, management and development of IT organisations
- Clear understanding of risk management frameworks and implementation of optimum controls
- Experience in the development of IT governance approaches
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills up to board level, internally and externally
- Financial management and budgetary responsibility, CAPEX and OPEX
- Understanding of project management methodologies, ITIL and agile frameworks
- Qualified Data Protection Practitioner, good understanding of the UK GDPR
Ian has experience in development management and project management, responsible for all aspects of enterprise project management including deployment of new technology. He has worked as a technical architect focused on ensuring the alignment of IT and technology with business plans and core business requirements. He has been a head of IT and, more recently, a principal consultant responsible for the Strategic, Programme and Project Management in a consultancy practice.
Ian was Chief Information Officer and part of the Executive Management Team at a not-for-profit organisation. He was accountable for the delivery of all IT and change (PMO) services to a complex user base which included 220 staff, 100 self-employed sales personnel, up to circa 1,000 members, the wider membership of around 200,000 and prospective members.Back to Associates